"You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you'll discover will be wonderful. What you'll discover is yourself."

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Trains, Airplanes....

My train was in fact running today! Thank goodness! As we were getting close to the airport, I started to get worried because I was noticing that the train was becoming more and more late. They were behind schedule! I decided to get my suitcase and stand by the door so as soon as the train stopped I could just run out and try to catch my flight. So I stood up to do that, and my right knee felt like it was going to just give way on me. Every bit of pressure I put on it hurt sooo bad. It was all seized up. I have no idea why! So I was like oh my gosh. I have to catch a flight right now and my knee is broken. So I stopped and said a silent prayer that the flight would be late so I could manage to get there okay. Then I asked that my knee would just be okay to get me there. As I was standing there waiting for the train to stop I kept bending my knee back and forth and the pain wasn’t going away. So I said well Hil…let’s do this! And I jumped off the train and headed up the escalator that wasn’t working (just to my delight!) ha. Then I grabbed my nerdy glasses, put them on and tried to see where the heck I needed to go! I have never been to this airport before so I took a stab in the dark and headed up some more stairs and just started looking for anything that matched my ticket…and seriously somehow I found the desk for Air France, got my boarding pass, he noticed the time and was typing really fast and then he pointed and said hurry! So I ran through all the people and lined up for the security check and walked through the detector…and it beeps!! I’m like no!!! I have never had it beep on me ever…not once in my life and this is also the only time I have been rushing like this to get to my flight. Anyone who knows me knows I always like to be early for this kind of stuff! Haha. So I’m just laughing in my head at this point and I kept praying that I would be able to get through and get there in time! I was searched, of course they found nothing and then I grabbed my belt, coat and bags and I was considering running through without my belt on and my stuff all shoved in my arms but I was like ok I think I can take 1o seconds and put on my belt so my pants don’t fall off. Ha. So I did. Probably a good thing. I was wearing a cute toque earlier and had to take it off through security so my hair is all messy and I am wearing dorky classes and sweating as I run through trying to make it… I’m pretty sure some of the people were like I think that girl just woke up or something. It was kinda funny and I made it to the desk and gave them my boarding pass and passport and was laughing because it was quite the experience. The coolest part…my knee didn’t have one bit of pain! I thanked Heavenly Father for that because I know there is no way it just went away on its own. My mom told me a story the other day about the principle of “asking” Heavenly Father for the desires of our hearts…even if they are simple or small. Well today, I asked and he came through for me with not just one request but two. My flight was late! The boarding took a lot longer than usual and so I sat on the plane awhile as things got sorted out. I was pretty happy. The sun was setting during takeoff…and I just felt so incredibly happy and content. I think I get joy out of really little things. This is probably something weird about me, but it’s just me. I was thinking about my life, my experiences, my family, my friends, my upcoming trip and of course about Dane and I just felt so incredibly content. I feel really good about this trip and about being with my friend Abbey. I am getting really used to traveling alone, spending time alone and experiencing all these European things on my own and it is going to be great to spend some time with a friend!! So, the adventure begins…

No comments:

Post a Comment