Mosiah 7:33 “But if ye will turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all diligence of mind, if ye do this, according to his own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage.”
Without getting too personal, I just feel like this experience I am having in France is the way Heavenly Father really needed to teach me a few things. Sometimes he needs to take us to other side of the world to teach us something because we aren’t being receptive where we normally live. Or should I rephrase that to say, sometimes he needs to take Hilary to the other side of the world to teach her something because she isn’t being receptive where she usually lives.
Usually when I study the scriptures, I end up writing down a lot of questions that I ask myself in my head. Today, after reading the scripture above, I thought to myself… who do I turn to when I am in need? Who should I be turning to in times of need? What can I do to help myself remember who I need to turn to in times of need? Then I made a short list of a few things I feel will help keep my thoughts focused on my Heavenly Father.
Something I have been really blessed with throughout my life is a constant feeling that I can talk to my Heavenly Father wherever I am, no matter what I am doing. I could be driving, walking to class, sitting in a crowded room, or simply standing in line at the grocery store. I have this continuous conversation with Him. I don’t constantly feel this outpouring of the spirit or anything, but it has really helped me in more way than I can list. It especially has helped me to feel connected to him…that he really is my Father, and I am his daughter, and we have a relationship. Just some thoughts.
I am almost entirely packed. I will soon be moving into the home of a kind family in the ward here in Nantes. It is Saturday, and I figured that since I have school all next week I will make good use of my time and do it now so I can focus on my studies next week. I am really looking forward to the move because it will give me a fresh start that I am needing right now. I will miss Vanessa and Melanie a lot. Vanessa (my old mission companion) is moving to La Reunion to be with her family. I will always be grateful for her and Melanie welcoming me into their home and helping me with the language! But, as always, we move on and new things come our way. I wish Vanessa the best of luck in her new place and Melanie and I will continue to see each other as often as we can here in Nantes.
This upcoming Friday I am heading to Sweden and Germany to continue my adventure in Europe! I am really looking forward to it! Sweden is the country where my great great grandfather Johannes Anderson was born. He joined the church and immigrated to Utah, only to be pushed on to help settle Southern Alberta, Canada. So glad he did. It will be a neat experience to see the place of my ancestors and feel that I am connected in a small way!
No comments:
Post a Comment