"You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you'll discover will be wonderful. What you'll discover is yourself."

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Toothbrush- check, Passport??

Well, I left Nantes this afternoon all pumped up to be in London tonight...and I'm now in Paris. 
I got to the airport in plenty of time for my flight, walked up to the desk to check in and suddenly realized that I had forgotten my passport. Don't even ask me how it happened.  For those who know me...this NEVER happens. I am the most organized person. I make checklists every trip I take, but last night I was so tired that I did all my packing, had everything I needed all laid out nicely and then in the morning at the last minute decided to take a different coat. Well, the coat I SHOULD have taken, the one I PLANNED on taking, contained the special key to all my adventures in Europe - My Passport!!  
After standing in long lines wanting to tell the other people to hurry up because their problem couldn't be as bad as mine, I finally was told NO repeatedly. I was not getting on that flight without my passport. Not even my UK driving license was helping, which, for a small moment I thought it might because one of the girls was asking about it and thought she could pull a few strings for me.  Needless to say, I am now in a hotel in Paris near the airport.  Tomorrow morning, I will take a train back to Nantes where my dear friend Vanessa will have already retrieved my passport, and then within half hour I will board another train back to Paris, take the metro to the correct station and then take the EUROSTAR to England.  Complicated night...yes.  However, it is sorted and I am feeling a lot better about it now.  Things like this really do make it an adventure...but not always the happiest adventure. I was pretty gutted when I found out I wasn't getting on my flight tonight.  What a great test of patience.  I failed though. When someone tells me I can't go to England it is like telling a little kid there is no Santa Clause.  Anyways, its been a really long day...and I'm all out of energy! Cross your fingers that I can make it to London by tomorrow night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment